Saturday, March 27, 2010

Major Updates

Wow does this thing need an update!!! A lot has changed in the past year. I'm glad we're no longer using Memorial Hall. They have been HORRIBLE. I'm still waiting for my refundable deposit to be returned, over 3 months later. Ceremony and Reception are in the same spot, Camp Kiwanee in Hanson, MA. It is so beautifully rustic!



Ceremony will take place on a porch overlooking a lake. It's going to be tricky for people to see, but it so serene and perfect for Derek and I!




My guests will be able to stay over in the cabins if they like!




I ordered shrugs for the bridesmaids from an Italian seamstress on Etsy: larimeloom MOH has ivory




And my other 6 bridesmaids have dark beige



Just today I bought my wedding shoes! I've decided to go with cowboy boots and know that these ones will look fab with my vintage slip dress gown. They were 50% off at a local tack shop Crazy Horse Tack!! They just happened to carry the exact brand I was looking for, Ariat. They're not just amaaazing looking, they also are constructed like an athletic shoe making them comfy and durable. The toe of these boots are amazing. I'm soooo excited!




Derek will be wearing a vest (which we still need to find).




And Groomsmen will rock out the suspenders



Our photographer will be the one and only Ryan Birchall. She's extremely creative and also happens to be our friend! We also have friends catering the reception. My Dad's buddy works for a BBQ company who will be grilling up dinner. My friend Erin McKenna is starting up her own catering biz: Simply Wholesome Catering. She'll be doing the apps and desserts, as well as staffing. I was able to taste some of her food at my friend's bridal shower and I just have one word: YUM! My friend Janice will be officiating our wedding with a temp JP. She exudes positivity and has always supported our relationship. I am so happy to have people I know involved in my wedding. I've been trying to avoid anything that screams "wedding factory" at all costs, and so far I'm succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment